The Three-Eyed One Comes Again...
Welcome to the website for the Mitsume ga Tooru Fan Translation Project! Presumably, if you're here, you already know what this site is about. But in case you don't: this is the central hub for the English and Russian language translation patches for the game "Mitsume ga Tooru: The Three-Eyed One Comes Here," based on the original manga by Osamu Tezuka and developed and published by NATSUME in April 1989 for the MSX and MSX2 microcomputer platforms. The MSX game wasn't as popular as its successor for Famicom -- also created by NATSUME in 1992 -- but it has its own charms, along with a fairly ambitious storyline and mysterious setting ripped straight out of the pages of Tezuka-sensei's manga by NATSUME's talented software engineers. (In fact, this is also a notable game for being NATSUME's one and only published work on the MSX platform!)
This endeavor was inspired by other notable projects listed in the links & thanks section of this site. Please have a look, as you're sure to find links to some very interesting people and other engaging retro projects there.
It almost goes without saying that this game is a real hidden gem, largely unknown by the world outside of Japan and mostly forgotten to time for the last few decades. It deserves so much more than that, though, and we're happy to help English and Russian speakers enjoy this lost piece of gaming history. If you're interested in learning more about my personal experiences with this game, you can read the whole story on the about page. Additionally, you can view a timeline of the project via the progress page.
And finally, don't forget to download your copy of the patch so you can try this game for yourself!
- An authentic and dynamic translation from Japanese to Russian and English. The initial line length and character storage limitations have been removed, allowing for all the nuances of the dialogue and story to be fully conveyed.
- The speed at which the text is printed to the screen has been adjusted to account for the larger line length limits, making the experience more comfortable for Russian and English readers.
- New original fonts have been created just for this project, making use of both uppercase and lowercase characters while also ensuring all text is clean and legible.
- The original game manual was scanned, restored, and fully translated to the highest possible standards. It can be downloaded as a PDF for your viewing pleasure, or even printed in booklet form for physical perusal on your own time.
- Some minor bugs and graphical glitches from the original game have been fixed, making this a more polished Mitsume ga Tooru experience than ever before.
- After the patch release, Armando Perez Abad added a very useful SAVE/LOAD feature and some more very cool enhancements. Please check provided with the patch readme file for more details.
Igor Bezhenar - Programming and reverse engineering, initial Russian and English translations, manual restoration, and website creation.
Wyrdwad - English-language proofreading, editing, and reworking as needed, testing, and suggestions for quality-of-life improvements.
Andrey Obritan - Creation of original Russian font, and Russian-language proofreading and editing.
MP83 - Creation of original English font, and promotional and testing support.
WinniVL - Additional testing support.
This site is specifically dedicated to the Mitsume ga Tooru MSX game translation patch, but as you might know, Sharaku and Watosan's adventures continue in other places too -- such as the Famicom game, manga, and anime series. So, who's to say what lies ahead for them now? ;) Watch this space, everyone!